WWF Group Solar
We're sorry, the deadline for this solar group purchase has passed.
Thank you for your interest, however. You can stay in the loop about future group purchases by clicking here. We will contact you when another opportunity to participate becomes available. Alternatively, if you're located in DC, MD, VA, or WV and want to help organize a group of friends, coworkers, neighbors, or communities to go solar, let us know.
WWF employees, friends, and neighbors are organizing with Community Power Network to install solar energy systems as a group.
What is a bulk purchase?
The bulk purchase is based on the same principle as buying in bulk at Costco. By going solar as a group the participants can save on the total cost of installation.
As a group, all of the participants go through the process of purchasing solar energy systems together. The group uses a competitive bidding process to select a single contractor to install systems on all of the participating homes. Each participant signs his or her own contract with the installer.
How much does it cost?
The cost of going solar has come down significantly in the last few years. This table gives an estimated cost for a 5 kW system. Keep in mind your system may be larger or smaller than 5 kW, depending on the size of your roof, resulting in differing total costs.
I have more questions
Check out the following resources to learn more about the bulk purchase:
- Info sheet (cost breakdown, overview of bulk purchase process)
- FAQ sheet (detailed information about solar technologies, the bulk purchase process, and how to pay for your system)
- Email us your specific questions at WWFbulkpurchase@communitypowernetwork.com.
For Installers: Request for Proposals
- RFP Issue Date: December 9, 2013
- Proposals Due: December 23, 2013*
- Notice of Intent to Award: January 10, 2013
- Contract Negotiations Completed: January 17, 2013
*Due to the holidays, if you would like an extension on the deadline for submission, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.