Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs)
Our teams are diverse—individuals, small business owners, farmers, utility representatives, members of environmental groups, government staff, elected leaders, academics—and all share common goals: they want strong communities, local jobs, and secure, clean, reliable energy.
The CERTs approach is one of pragmatism and cooperation. It’s a model for how tangible economic, social and environmental benefits can be achieved by reaching across traditional interest groups and taking a true, community-based approach.
- Helped Minnesotans save over 78 billion BTUs of energy and avoid $1.2 million in energy costs since 2010.
- Awarded over $720,000 in seed grants to more than 165 energy projects from 2006–2012.
- Impacted 20,500 people through grants, events, and programs from 2009–2012.
- Had over 150,000 unique visitors to CERTs website from 2008–2012.
- Fostered robust networks in each region and across industry sectors.
CERTs plugs people in with the individuals and resources they need to get projects done. If a group needs assistance, CERTs is here to help.
CERTs members across Minnesota work to improve their communities by saving energy and money, becoming more self-sufficient, and advancing entrepreneurship and economic development.
CERTs has staff in seven Minnesota regions. This allows us to tailor our approach to each region’s unique resources and needs.
CERTs helps by sharing successful project models (and lessons learned) to support and advance projects in more schools, businesses, homes, and cities. We do this via our blog, events, case studies, interviews, and media work.
Who's Behind CERTs?
- U of M Extension & Regional Sustainable Dev. Partnerships
- Eureka Recycling
- Southwest Regional Development Commission
- The Minnesota Project
- MN Dept. of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources
Ready to Get Started? Connect, get organized, and start planning a project.
Visit the CERTs website at http://www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org to:
- Find upcoming events in your area
- Learn about projects you can do
- Take action with simple campaigns
- Join conversations & get updates