Understanding Renewable Energy Technologies and Markets
About Renewable Energy Technologies
Learn more about each renewable energy and decide which one is right for you!
- National Renewable Energy Labratory (NREL)
- The NREL site can provide you with basic but up to date information about every renewable energy. It is a great introductory site where you can learn about the latest news and technology being developed for each renewable energy. It can be very helpful if you are trying to decide what renewable energy to start a project around. Also, be sure to check out the tools on the NREL site as they have developed a bunch to help guide every decision you need to make throughout your project.
- United States Department of Energy Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Here you will find an introduction to each type of renewable energy. The site also contains reports from the Department of Energy, a list incentives for each renewable energy, and information to help you start a project. In addition, there is a section for energy efficiency that provides informaiton on the wide range of energy efficiency programs the Department of Energy is working on.
About Renewable Energy Markets
- Understanding your State's Solar Market
- This is a great collection of websites that will help you get up-to-speed on your state's solar policies, incentives, and market. Some sites go into detail about the incentives available in each state, which can be useful if you are trying to determine how much a solar system will cost.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)
- DSIRE provides an updated list of all incentives available in each state. Just click on the state you are interested in and you can find all the federal, state, and local incentives available.