The Community Power Network (CPN) is a network of grassroots, local, state, and national organizations working to build and promote locally based renewable energy projects and policies.
We are a resource and strategic partner to our diverse, nonpartisan membership that includes: private citizens, nonprofits, developers, contractors, consultants, financiers, and manufacturers of renewable energy. Although we are a collection of unique and independent organizations focused on implementing real projects on the ground we are connected by a shared vision.
- Develop and scale solar projects within communities,
- Pass solar policies that expand the local solar market, and
- Build a community of clean energy advocates that traverse traditional political fault lines.
All of us have a stake in a future where every community participates in the financial benefits of our energy grid’s ongoing diversification from big central plants and passive consumers to a wider mix of distributed production & renewable energy.
Our mission is threefold:
- Help people start their own community-based renewable energy projects by providing resources, technical assistance, case studies, and connections to other practitioners.
- Help local groups influence policy and build power by providing support for strategic planning, fundraising, list building, petitions, and other tools. We share success stories and connect people to experts.
- Create a network for existing community groups to connect, collaborate, and grow. In addition to providing up-to-date information on community-based renewable energy, we also offer a set of tools and resources for CPN partners to use.
Community Power Network does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Community Power Network is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.